Your own response to discussion
1. Consider what it would take to manage a census. The following articles outline different ways to monitor and track patient census.
2. Based on what you've learned about managing the census, respond to the following: A hospital receives several patient complaints about wait times from patient surveys. From a data perspective, what should be done to locate a root cause? What type of reporting information should be reviewed and why?
The root cause can be found by conducting a study using time as the main metric as well as reason codes that would be recorded in an excel spreadsheet. Every patient that enters the emergency department will be added to the excel spreadsheet with the time they checked in and were seen by a provider. There will also be a section with predefined reason codes that indicates the reason why they are waiting. A dashboard would then be generated to show the average amount of time each reason would make a patient wait. To go along with this, interviews or surveys would be conducted with the staff to see what they say about the reasons behind wait times.
The predefined reason codes are as follows:
1. No Available Beds
2. Bed/Room Must Be Prepped
3. Patient Triage
4. Awaiting Patient Discharge or Transfer
5. Seen immediately
The reported info that should be studied stands as the reason codes with their corresponding wait times and frequency. After studying this data, further studies must be conducted to investigate the causes for each.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25