choose a community to investigate in BC, Canada. A community or Neighborhood that are interested to learn more about.
im from Victoria BC Canada
How to complete this assignment
Using the neighbourhood boundaries defined by the Human Early Learning Partnership http://earlylearning.ubc.ca choose a community in British Columbia to investigate. This may be the community (neighbourhood) that you work within, live within or are interested to learn more about. If you are taking this course from a place in the world outside of British Columbia, please contact me (the instructor) to discuss possible ways forward in your specific geographical locale.
Using information from Statistics Canada (provided on link below as 'Neighbourhood Statistics Canada') research, identify, summarize and present the relevant statistical data with your interpretations ,that provides a comprehensive picture of families living within your chosen neighbourhood/community. Think broadly and carefully about which data points you consider as relevant to understanding who lives in the community. Ensure statistical neighbourhood data that informs your analysis is from the census data provided. Including information from the HELP vulnerability data, HELP neighbourhood profiles and/or other publications from institutions or coalitions that captures the population of the neighbourhood can be helpful., however your presentation and analysis should primarily be grounded in the Statistics Canada census data provided. (8 marks)
With consideration and reference to the above,
· Write a thoughtful, short reflection addressing what you view as the potential strengths the population in this community may have to offer young children’s learning experiences (6 marks)
· Research, choose and provide information on 2 children's picture books (appropriate to age 6) that would honour the families living in your identified neighbourhood above. Include the book titles, authors, illustrators and briefly state in your own words how you think the books support and reflect the community make-up (population) of your chosen neighbourhood. (10 marks)
· Research, choose, and share 2 practical, quality and creative artifact/input ideas (for eg. an open-ended play material, decor, design material, sensory input…) that an early learning site in this neighbourhood might include or add to their environment and explain how these artifacts/inputs would offer a respectful acknowledgement and welcome to the families in your identified neighbourhood on an every-day basis. Think broadly and creatively ! (8 marks)
Alternate method to access the HELP Census data: google UBC Human Early Learning Project. click on 'reports' in the header bar – then click on 'data library' in the dropdown list – the scroll down a bit until you see 'HELP Neighbourhoods with 2016 census data' – click on that and all their informing census information will appear.
Document style and format
Please include a cover page with your assignment.
Be sure to support your rationale with citations and references to the course material and independently researched material, using APA 7 formatting. For help with APA citation / referencing style and document formatting, have a look at the following resources:
The paper should be approximately 4-6 pages in length, single spaced, with font Times New Roman, size 10-12. In addition to completeness of the paper and depth of understanding evident, overall organization, spelling, grammar and writing quality will also be considered in marking. (3 marks)
Readings: professional resources for educators
A) With the knowledge that families benefit when educators have access to continual learning and relevant resources; review the following links as examples of a few general resources that currently exist in the broader sense and then begin thinking more specifically about what learning opportunities & resources could be made available by the early learning sites themselves for the educators and the families.
REVIEW LINKS BELOW :
· Chrona, J. L. (2016). First People’s Principles of Learning. First people’s Principles of Learning (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site.
· British Columbia Government. (n.d.). Early Years Centres BC. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/family-social-supports/caring-for-young-children/how-parents-can-support-young-children/provincial-office-for-early-years Links to an external site.
· British Columbia Ministry of Education. (n.d.). Early Learning. Early Learning (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site.
· Child and Youth Advocacy Society. (2022). First Call BC. First Call BC. (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site.
· Early Childhood Educators of British Columbia. (n.d.) ECEBC (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site.
· Canadian Association for Young Children. (2022). https://www.cayc.ca
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25