THIS PROMPT LOOKS BUT YOU ARE ONLY WRITING 7 TO 12 SENTENCES
Overview: Integrating evidence into academic writing is a skill central to success in college. Integrating evidence requires the statement of a claim, information from a scholarly source to support this claim, and an explanation as to how the claim and evidence are connected. This exercise is a practice in integrating evidence. When you respond to your classmate, comment on how they connect claims and evidence.
1. MAKE A CLAIM. State your opinion on a current topic. This should be 1 to 2 sentences. Examples of claims are below:
2. INTEGRAT EVIDENCE. Use EBSCO Host from the OCCC Library website to find a scholarly source that supports your claim. In 2 to 3 sentences, paraphrase or summarize the information contained in this source. Be sure to cite the sentences using the author and, if appropriate, page number per MLA conventions. You will also include the full citation for the source at the end of the discussion post.
Citations within the writing allow the reader to know when you are drawing on the work of others. The full citation at the end of the writing allows the reader the information required to find the source and read it should they wish to do so.
For this activity, you are practicing paraphrasing. Paraphrasing is a summary of another work written in your own words. While the use of quotes from other works is necessary at times, it is often preferred that writers paraphrase the work of others more often than quoting. Paraphrasing allows the reader to hear your interpretation of the source, rather than only directly from another author. Example (a follow up to the final claim in the list above):
3. CONNECT OR ANALYZE. Write 2 to 3 sentences that explain how the information contained in the source connects to the claim. This is an opportunity to provide a deeper analysis of the issue. Example:
4. REFLECT. In 3 to 4 sentences, reflect on this exercise. What part was the most challenging? Is integrating evidence new to you? What other information or instruction would you like to receive to help you continue to improve your evidence integration skills?
DUE DATE 22/06/2022 @5PM
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25