In this journal activity, you will discuss the biopsychosocial causes of abnormal behavior, as well as challenges that clinicians face when addressing behaviors shared among psychological disorders.
As Jamal researched the factors that cause atypical patterns of human thought, emotion, and behavior, he had a revelation: Abnormal behavior is more complicated than many of us realize. For example, Jamal discovered that abnormalities in behavior can be caused by biological factors (e.g., genetics, neurophysiology, biochemistry). Also, abnormal behavior can be caused by psychological factors (e.g., severe emotional distress, grief, trauma). Finally, Jamal discovered that abnormalities in behavior can be caused by sociocultural factors (e.g., social norms, familial values). Of the many valuable takeaways of his research, Jamal found that abnormal behavior is a complex phenomenon that can have biological, psychological, and sociocultural causes. In many cases, it is not the result of one causal factor, but of several co-occurring, interdependent factors.
Given the dynamic interplay between biological, psychological, and sociocultural factors, the behaviors of various disorders often overlap, making the accurate diagnosis of psychological disorders a challenge for clinical professionals.
The following resources support your work on this activity:
For this journal activity, use your template to address the following rubric criteria with a minimum of 3 to 5 sentences per bullet. Support your answers with a credible source when necessary.
First, select one option from the list in the Overview and address the following:
Next, from the list in the Overview, select two disorders that are known to share symptomatology or behaviors.
Complete this template by replacing the bracketed text with the relevant information.
To use this template, you will first select one option from the list provided in the Module Three Activity Guidelines and Rubric. Address each of the rubric criteria listed below with a minimum of 3 to 5 sentences per bullet. Support your answers with a credible source when necessary.
· Describe the possible biological causes of your selection.
· Describe the possible psychological causes of your selection.
· Describe the possible social or cultural causes of your selection.
· Describe the relationship between the biological, psychological, and sociocultural factors of your selection.
· Next, from the list, you will select two options that are known to share symptomatology or behaviors. In a minimum of 3 to 5 sentences, explain the ways in which the behaviors associated with the disorders overlap and discuss the potential diagnostic challenges presented by the overlap.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25